For further information on Benefit in Kind, click here
In the case of medical insurance premiums, the cost to the employer is based on the Gross invoiced premium before TRS (Tax Relief at Source). The employer refunds the TRS to Revenue.
To access this utility go to Employees, select the employee in question from the listing and click Benefits on the menu toolbar, followed by Medical Insurance > One-Off.
1) Description - enter a description of the medical insurance e.g. provider name.
2) Premium – enter the premium amount of the medical insurance being provided.
3) Date - enter the date that the benefit has been provided.
4) Employee contribution - enter any amount made good by the employee directly to the employer towards the cost of providing the medical insurance.
5) Click Save to save the Benefit In Kind entry.
The 'Notional Pay' will be added to the employee's gross income in the relevant pay period to ensure that the correct PAYE, Universal Social Charge and PRSI are charged.
Need help? Support is available at 01 8352074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.