PAYE, USC, PRSI and PRD
- BrightPay calculates and displays PAYE, USC, PRSI, PRD and other applicable addition and deduction amounts as you type, both for the current pay period and year to date.
- Up to date PAYE, USC, PRSI and PRD rates and earnings bands.
- Full control over PAYE and USC credits and cut off points.
- Supports cumulative, week/month 1 and emergency basis.
- Supports PAYE exemption, USC exemption and PAYE exclusion (with or without A1 certificate)
- Supports all PRSI categories and automatically determines number of insurable weeks each pay period (with manual adjustments possible).
- Local Property Tax (LPT) deductions.
- View tax calculation step-by-step workings.
- Ability to withhold tax refunds when pay is zero.
- Update rates and amounts from a Revenue P2C file.
- Weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly payment schedules.
- Salary based payments.
- Target net pay / net to gross.
- Mid-period pay raise.
- Company-wide daily and hourly rates, normal or overtime (unlimited rates can be added).
- Employee-specific daily and hourly rates, normal or overtime (unlimited rates can be added).
- One-off daily and hourly rates.
- Daily payments can be automatically linked to the schedule of working and non-working days on employee calendar.
- Explicitly set payments as PAYE-able, PRSI-able, USC-able, PRD-able and/or pension-able.
- Pre-paid holiday pay.
- Add multiple notes to any payment record (which can optionally be shown on employee payslip).
- Assign any payment record to one or multiple departments (with weightings).
- Import payments and/or rates from a CSV file.
Additions and deductions
- Add unlimited additions and/or deductions to any payslip.
- Company-wide addition and deduction types (unlimited types can be added).
- One-off addition and deduction types.
- Explicitly set additions as PAYE-able, PRSI-able, USC-able, PRD-able and/or pension-able.
- Explicitly set deductions as before/after PAYE, before/after USC, before/after PRSI, before/after PRD and/or before/after pension.
- Construction Workers Pension Scheme (CWPS) deductions.
- National Electrical Contractors Ireland (NECI) deductions.
- Add additions/deductions to a single pay period or have them automatically repeat each pay period (up to a certain date, or indefinitely).
- Assign any addition or deduction to one or multiple weighted departments.
- Report on specific addition/deduction types in analysis.
- Batch add additions and deductions to multiple payslips.
- Import additions and deductions from a CSV file.
- As employees are progressed through the pay period schedule, processed amounts become locked to prevent changes.
- Process employees individually or in batches.
- Different pay dates can be used for different employees in a single pay period.
- To correct payroll amounts, any previous pay period can be re-opened for one or multiple employees to allow changes to be made.
- Process payroll by department, payment method, directorship, alpha grouping, and more.
- Switch an employee from one payment schedule to another (e.g. from weekly to monthly) as many times throughout the payroll year as required.
- Data like calculation basis, PAYE/USC cut off points, PRSI category, department, standard hourly/daily rate, payment method etc. are tracked on a period-by-period basis and can be changed throughout the payroll year as and when required.
- Print payslips on blank paper (2 per A4, 1 per A5, 1 per A4).
- Print payslips on Thesaurus stationery.
- Email payslips in one click (no server setup is required) with customisable subject and body (and mail merge support). The payslip gets included as PDF attachment (optionally password protected).
- Export payslips to individual PDF files (optionally password protected) with customisable file name.
- Tailor your payslips to show/hide employer logo, period number, tax week number, tax month number, employer address, employee address, annual leave remaining, payment method, notes, and more.
- Print, email or export payslips by department, payment method, directorship, alpha grouping, and more.
- Set up employees to be paid by credit transfer, cheque or cash.
- Set up multiple employer bank accounts.
- BrightPay will automatically determine the BIC and IBAN where a valid Irish bank sort code and account number are entered.
- Credit transfer payments summary.
- Create bank import files. Supports multiple bank import file formats, including Standard-18, HSBC, and Bankline.
- Create Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) files for all supporting banks.
- Cheque payments summary.
- Cash payments summary. Choose the denominations and BrightPay will automatically calculate the cash make-up.
- Add unlimited employees.
- Record all relevant personal and employment information for employees.
- Assign employees to one or multiple departments (with optional weightings).
- Import employees from a CSV file (with flexible CSV column to data mapping).
- Export employee data to CSV (with choice of which data to export).
- Set up employees as salary-paid, daily-paid, or hourly-paid.
- Starters and leavers.
- Tax deduction card.
- View, print or email one or multiple payslips for any employee.
- Payslip action audit log.
- Add or update employee details from a Revenue P2C file.
- Create Earnings, Hours and Employment Costs Survey (EHECS) for submission to Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Employee calendar responsively resizes to best fit screen size.
- Click any day (or click and drag a series of days) to view details or set leave.
- Set schedule of working and non-working days (by either generally selecting which days of the week should be working days, as well as specifically denoting any given day as working or non-working.
- Set annual leave (full or part days, by the day or by the hour).
- Set unpaid leave (full or part days).
- Set absence (full or part days).
- Set strike (full or part days).
- Set sick days. Non-qualifying and qualifying days for illness benefit are automatically determined.
- Add parenting leave directly on calendar.
- Shows all Irish bank holidays.
- Add notes to any day on the calendar.
P45, P45 Part 3 and P46
- View/print P45 Part 3, containing the details of a new employee who has had a previous employment in the tax year.
- Create P45 Part 3 file for submission in Revenue Online Service (ROS).
- View/print P46, containing the details of a new employee for whom a tax credit certificate is required.
- Create P46 file for submission in ROS.
- View/print P45, containing the details of an employee who's left your employment.
- Create P45 file for submission in ROS.
Maternity Leave and Adoption Leave
- Record parenting leave directly on employee calendar for up 42 weeks (maternity) or 40 weeks (adoption).
- Handles situations in which employer is and is not receiving the benefit to pass on to the employee.
- Ability to automatically top up parenting benefit by a fixed amount or to achieve a specific gross earnings.
- Illness benefit amount is automatically determined from sick days entered on employee calendar (and can be overridden if required).
- Pay calculation supports benefit being paid directly to employer.
- Allows adjustments to previously paid Illness Benefit.
- Align the leave year with the tax year, or choose a custom leave year (for all employees, or on an employee-by-employee basis)
- Calculate annual leave using a set number of days per year.
Calculate annual leave using a set number of days per month in which at least 117 hours worked.
- Calculate annual leave by 8% of hours worked (set hours per day, or irregular hours).
- Carry over annual leave from previous year.
- Quickly view, print or export the annual leave entitlement up to any date for one or multiple employees.
- View annual leave step-by-step calculation.
- Show annual leave days (or hours) remaining on employee payslips.
- Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA).
- Retirement Benefit Scheme (RBS).
- Retirement Annuity Contract (RAC).
- Fixed amount or percentage based employer and employee contributions.
- Default contributions.
- Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs)
- Report on scheme contributions and deductions in analysis.
- Create Pension Disk File.
Recording Expenses and Benefits
- Record all types of expenses and benefits for each employee.
- Medical insurance (annual or one-off)
- Share based remuneration
- Other annual / one-off benefits.
- Notional pay is automatically calculated and added to the relevant payslips(s).
- Supports employee contributions.
- Flexible report builder.
- Reports on pay periods, tax weeks, tax months, or the entire tax year.
- Report on a single period or span multiple periods.
- Report on employee totals, department totals, or both together.
- Include total, average, minimum and/or maximum summary values.
- Ability to ignore 'zero' payments.
- Ability to roll up pre-pay.
- Choose which employees to include in a report.
- Choose from over 100 data items to include in a report. All payroll data is available.
- Report on the amounts for specific rates, additions, deductions, pension schemes and savings schemes that you set up.
- Several built-in one-click reports.
- Save your own reports to use each pay period.
- Print and export reports.
- Track amounts due to Revenue on a monthly or quarterly schedule, either which can be broken down into tax weeks.
- Track amounts due and paid. Any balance shortfalls are carried over to the following payment period.
- View/print P30 report.
- Create P30 ROS file.
End of year
- View/print P60 certificates in English or Gaeilge.
- Email P60 certificates.
- View/print PRD60 certificates.
- View/print end-of-year P35 declaration, P35LF, P35L, P35LT and additional PRSI classes report.
- Create P35 ROS file (original or amended).
- Add employer logo (which can optionally be included on payslips).
- Record all relevant employer data.
- Set the options for a typical employee, which is used by default when adding new employees.
- Add unlimited departments.
- Add unlimited company-wide hourly dates.
- Add unlimited company-wide daily dates.
- Add unlimited company-wide addition types.
- Add unlimited company-wide deduction types.
- Add unlimited savings schemes, which can be set up to use percentage based or fixed amount employee and employer contributions.
- Add unlimited employer bank accounts.
- Start at beginning of tax year, start in middle of tax year, or continue partway in the tax year from migrated payroll records.
- All the payroll data for an employer is contained in a single file for simple backup and transfer.
- Sensitive data is encrypted in the employer file.
- Employer files can be optionally password protected.
- Unlimited time-stamped snapshots of an employer file can be taken and restored as required.
- Multiple employer files can be opened in BrightPay at the same time (they open in separate windows).
- By using a cloud file sync service like Dropbox, Box, OneDrive or Google Drive, BrightPay essentially becomes a cloud application.
- Recently opened files are tracked and openable from the start-up window with a single click.
Installation, upgrading and licensing
- BrightPay installation is quick and simple.
- Software updates are automatically checked for on launch, and the option is given as to whether to update now or later. Software updates can also be checked manually.
- The Standard licence allows for unlimited employees for a single employer.
- The Bureau licence allows for unlimited employers each with unlimited employees.
- A licence key can be used for up to five activated installations.
Help and support
- Free phone and email support.
- Comprehensive online documentation can be accessed here or by pressing the F1 key in BrightPay.