The deadline for the issuing of employee P60s for tax year 2018 is the 15th February 2019.
Please note: tax year 2018 is the final year in which P60s are to be issued to employees. Under PAYE Modernisation, P60s will be replaced by a statement of earnings which will be available to employees within their ‘myAccount’
Printing P60s in BrightPay
To print a 2018 P60 for one or more employees, within your 2018 BrightPay software, click Revenue > P60s > Print P60 Certificates:
- From the employee listing, select the employees for whom you wish to print a P60.
- Next select whether you would like the P60s to be printed in English or Irish.
- Click Print Preview
- The selected employees' P60s will now be displayed on screen. These can now be printed to plain paper to give to the employees by clicking Print.
Emailing P60s in BrightPay
To email P60s to one or employee, within your 2018 BrightPay software, click Revenue > P60s > Email P60 Certificates:
- On the left hand side select the employees for whom you wish to email P60s. Please note only employees for whom you have email addresses entered will be displayed. Several options for selecting which P60s to email are available by clicking the ‘Select By’ button.
- Next select whether you would like the P60s to be in the English or Irish language.
- On the right hand side, enter a ‘Reply-to’ email address. This is a mandatory field and a valid email address must be entered before the emails can be sent. If required, more than one CC email address can also be entered in the box below.
- Enter a subject of your choice for your emails, either by manually typing this in or by using the smart text options.
- Likewise, enter a description to accompany the P60 if desired, by manually typing this in the box provided or using the smart text facility.
If you would like to password protect the P60s, simply tick the box provided. Employee passwords must be entered beforehand within their HR section in order for the P60 to be password protected on receipt. Password protection is recommended if the recipient is not in a secure environment when they receive their P60 and will ensure that the P60 can only be viewed when the password is entered.
When ready to email the P60s, simply click ‘Send Emails’.