Where a Credit Transfer Payment will fall on 1st, 2nd or 3rd January 2022
Where your employees' normal pay date is due to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd January 2022 and payment is due to be paid by credit transfer, Revenue will accept the pay date to be reported as the 1st, 2nd or 3rd January 2022 where funds are made available to employees on the 31st December 2021 only.
- An employee’s normal pay date is due to be 3rd January 2022 – payment cannot be made on the 3rd January as it is a bank holiday
- Instead, payment will be made on 31st December 2021
- In this instance, the pay date can be reported as 3rd January 2022
- The employee's credits and rate bands will be applied for 3rd January 2022 even though payment was paid in the prior year
- The payment date on the bank file can be amended so that funds reach the employees on 31st December