JobsPlus - New Irish Employer Incentive
JobsPlus is a new employer incentive which encourages employers to employ jobseekers on the live register. The scheme replaces the Revenue Job Assist and Employer Job (PRSI) Exemption Scheme from the 1st July 2013; the scheme will be operated by the Department of Social Protection.
There are two levels of payment:
- A payment of €7,500 over 2 years to the employer for each employee recruited who has been unemployed for between 12-24 months
- A payment of €10,000 over 2 years to the employer for each employee recruited who has been unemployed for more than 24 months
Payment will be made monthly in arrears by Electronic Fund Transfer over a 24 month period. Income received from the initiative will not be considered as revenue/income for income or corporation tax purposes.
To qualify for JobsPlus, employers must meet the following conditions:
- The employer must be registered for PAYE with the Revenue Commissioners
- The employer must be tax compliant, employers will be requested to give an officer of the Department of Social Protection permission to check their status with the Revenue Commissioners and to obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate using Revenue’s on line service at the time of application
- The employer must offer a full time position for a minimum of 30 hours per week and the employee must work at least 4 days in any 7 day period
- The employer must give details of the company when applying e.g. size of the workforce, bank details etc
To apply for the scheme employers log on to www.jobsplus.ie and complete the online application form, if approved the Department of Social Protection will revert to the employer via email.
Bright Contracts – Employment contracts and handbooks
BrightPay – Payroll Software