BrightPay is a simple but powerful payroll software package that makes managing payroll quick and easy. It's designed for small to medium sized businesses, accountants and other payroll bureau providers.
BrightPay has everything you need to manage payroll. It just works. It's easy to learn and use. It looks great. It's priced fairly with no hidden costs. Phone and email support is 100% free.
When payroll gets complicated, BrightPay makes it simple. It has been built from scratch with a continual awareness of elegant, clutter-free user interface design. You'll feel right at home.
If we were to list all of the payroll software features offered by BrightPay here, you'd have a lot of scrolling to do. Rest assured that it delivers it all, and delivers it well.
Our payroll software does not set a limit on the number of employees you can add to your payroll. And there are no confusing price brackets that depend on the number of employees you have.
The Bureau version of BrightPay is the perfect way to manage payroll for several employers. There is no limit on the number that can be set up and no confusing pricing structures.
Starters, leaves, year end, and Revenue payments. BrightPay will guide you through the process of creating ROS compatible P45, P46, P45 Part 3, P35 and P30 files.
In BrightPay, any employee (or group of employees) can be individually reverted back or progressed forward in the payroll year at any time. It's super flexible yet safe and simple.
Payslips can be emailed or exported to PDF at the click of a button. They can also be printed on A4 or A5 paper (blank or Thesaurus stationery). Handy customisation options let you do what you need.
As you enter payments, additions and deductions for your employees, a live payslip preview will automatically update to show you the calculated payslip values quickly and clearly.
BrightPay supports weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly and monthly payroll. The payroll screen gives a clear overview of all periods together and any period can be quickly accessed with one click.
Is an employee starting or leaving? Has an employee recently turned 66? BrightPay will let you know what is happening when and remind you what to do.
Each employer set up in BrightPay requires a password to save and open. The payroll software stops you from performing actions which would invalidate or corrupt your payroll data.
Our payroll software allows you to recall, view and analyse all your payroll data. Multiple reports can be opened together, saved or favourited, exported in popular formats, and printed.
Illness benefit is liable to PAYE but not USC and PRSI. A lot of confusion arises on the employers’ role of the taxation of the benefit. If an employee is out sick for more than 6 days they can claim illness benefit from the Department of Social Protection (DSP). There are a couple of scenarios that will arise when this happens:
• You will receive a letter from the DSP stating that they are receiving a cheque for Illness Benefit and advising you on the amount liable to PAYE
• You must reduce the pay by the amount stated by the DSP in the weekly/monthly basic and input the Illness Benefit in the correct section on the payroll
• You haven’t had any correspondence with the employee, in this case you must assume they are in receipt of the benefit and tax them. The daily rate is €31.33 and the weekly 6 day benefit is €188.
• If the employee has opted for the employer to receive the cheque it still needs to be taxed in the Illness Benefit section on the payroll.
• If it is your company's policy to pay an employee while out sick you must reduce the weekly/monthly pay by the amount of Illness Benefit they are receiving.
• If is not your companies policy to pay an employee while out sick their pay must then be zeroised.
• If the employee returns and you’ve inputted the benefit into the system and they weren’t receiving the benefit , simply go to the illness benefit section and put a “–“ figure of the amount you deducted. This will refund any tax deducted, i.e. -€188